so they are changing the email system so my new email is lisa.ferguson@gmail.com. If you send them here at the myldsmail they will get forwarded but you can send them to the gamil from now on.
Ok so welcome to my yesterday! So cool! It's so different, the times here and there. I was thinking as I was going to bed, which was stupid because then I couldn’t sleep, about two things one I get to play basketball tonight and as I was going to sleep ending my day, you were wakening up getting ready for yours … ha you get a used day lol just kidding.
As for this week it was, well when they tell you that missionary work is hard and you don’t like it all the time... they were referring to this week lol. I got way sick lol not a huge shocker but it was a weird sick. I had a fever for about 3 or 4 days then I couldn’t get out of bed for a day and a half. I sleep for like 18 hrs then was up for 5 and sleep for another 9 or 10 that was on Tuesday. We had to stay in and the elders came gave me a blessing. I started to feel a little better. A few days later we went to a small city and had a really good day that was heaven sent. It’s the only reason I got through the week. Friday my comps got sick with the same thing… 3 days inside in one week will drive a missionary crazy!!! I’m so blessed to be almost better but my comps are still really sick…
But enough on the bad sorry, but I had to tell you that for you to get how good a day Thursday was. So I was able to walk around that day so we went to Arteek. In a normal day we get 12 to 14teen conversations with people about the church. We keep track to see how were doing. Well on Thursday my Comp Christensen and I didn’t have our Mini to help us and we got 40 on our own and our mini got like 36 so together we got 76! So so cool!!! And we found a bunch of people that want us to go back! If it keeps going like it has been out there we’ll open a branch out there!!! It’s so cool to walk in town that has never heard of the church and watch it explode with people that want to learn about it. Lol we had one lady that saw us on the street walking and had us come to here house for lunch. We taught her while we where there but that almost never happens here. It was so cool we took phamphlets with us and ran out so they had us promise to come back next week and teach them more about our church.
Oh one funny thing, so mom don’t freak out. But I may have had two fires in my apt in one day lol my stove; we have a gas stove top and the knob caught on fire, don’t know how… but I was able to blow the knob out and get to the gas switch on the stove and turn it off. Then that night I was plugging in the thing we take showers out of and the cord hangs on the wall it sparked and caught the wall on fire but when I unplugged it the fire went out. 4 reals I love Armenian stuff, there is never a dull day when the whole country is taped back together… but they don’t have duck tape here so I don’t know how they do it…
Questions from people
How cold is it there? It's warming up a lot I didn’t have to put on longjohns yesterday or today and it rained today not snow… doing well.
Are you in a ward or branch? I’m in branch. They are so wonderful! We have a lot of inactive… we have 400 ward members 50 that come…. Lot of work but so far we have got 5 to start coming back which is so cool!!!
Can you buy powdered milk? Ya that’s what I eat my cereal with most days. That or just water. Lol you said to eat leafy greens to get calcium lol it's winter there are no greens, lol all we have to eat is potatoes and bread. We get creative
Can we ship you food products? Ya you can: peanut butter, and if you get splenda brown sugar it weighs less and you don’t have to use as much of it. I’ve seen missionaries get chocolate chips before. It’s really what ever. Then the packets of ranch and packs of seasonings to make stuff are awesome. Like pudding and onion soup mix, enchilada, and salsa packets are really good. Just stuff like that. They make everything from scratch. So they don’t have mixes like muffin mixes, if you wanted to email me some recipes for easy foods to make that would be cool. I can make Doma and Palmini and other Armenian foods now that I have a mini we cook a lot, I can also make pancakes form scratch … my poor comps we were all really sick this week and I got better faster so I was making the food and the labels are all in Russian… baking soda and baking powder make for better and worse pancakes… we ate them anyway lol. I also can make a mean carrot cookie I think its way good!
Do you have a calling in your ward or branch? No we have a really good branch like we have a first counselor most here don’t but the branch pres is moving to Provo some time.
Do you teach people in their homes? Always it’s crazy some live in old train carts others have make shift homes out of cement and garbage. Others have really nice apartments. Some have nice houses. It's really sad some had nice houses then the earth quake came in 88 and its not rebuilt yet, so if they have a good house some times just depends on if the earth quake got to there house or not.
Ok so I love hearing the news from back home! Keep it coming. I’m way excited for Jon who would have thought he would find a girl to married him that was so cute (just kidding Jon); even cooler Preston is getting baptized! Man I have the best family in the world and I can say that for reals now I’m half the way around it and have found the second best here but you all still are the best.
Hey if any of you have recipes that you think a missionary would like you can send them my way and if you have any lesson ideas that would be way cool to.
Love you all so much you have no idea how proud I am of all of you!!! And never feel that something is to lame to tell me. I like knowing what’s going on.
on a weird computer so no pics today sorry.
Your Queer Fergie
PS> Hey mom could you send me Velcro some time not any time soon just when you send a box next, I have had some down time so I made some visual aids for lessons and Velcro would be cool to have, along with that stuff that looks like gum and you can stick pictures up on the wall with it. But no rush
No comments:
Post a Comment